Instructions for using popular textile hardeners to glaze, seal and stiffen your projects
You can use these instructions for either:
- Fabriglaze, the Textile Hardener, by Innovative Craft Products
- Water Resistant Fabric Stiffener, by Martha Stewart Crafts
- Paverpol Fabric Hardener, by Paverpol
Ask for them at your local quilt shop!
How to use Textile Hardener:
- Apply product in a thin coat with either a sponge brush or very soft bristle brush. If you would like to thin the hardener, add a small amount of water and mix (this may extend the drying time). Hardeners look like white glue at first, then dries clear.
- Coat the project one side at a time, so that you can let the project rest on it’s “dry” side.
- Allow to dry overnight before adding additional coats if needed. To speed up drying process, bake your finished project in a 170F degree oven for 30-40 minutes (place on a clean piece of foil in the oven).
- Additional coats will add stiffness (let each coat dry completely before adding another).
- Once your project has fully dried, you can wipe it clean with a damp cloth if needed!
- Clean up with soap and water.