Welcome to the Creative Spaces Blog Hop Week 3 – this week 16 different designers share organizing tips for your Creative Space!
Don’t miss a week of this fun hop – or you may miss an opportunity to win something fun!! We have four fabulous sponsors: Aurifil, Bosal, Crafter’s Edge, Daylight. There will also be giveaways on different blogs – you never know what’s there, unless you give it a read!
**Hint – read down to the end of this post to see what our giveaway is – then comment to be entered – we will pick this week’s winner next week!**
Just a review – we have 16 creatives sharing their spaces, tips, and perhaps a few giveaways!
July 9 through August 19!
- Week 1: Studio Clean Up
- Week 2: Favorite Tools
- Week 3: Organizing Tips – Yeah – this week!
- Week 4: Dealing with Scraps and/or Fabric
- Week 5: Dealing with Embellishments/Buttons/Thread
- Week 6: Dealing with Tools/Rulers
This week I am sharing my…(I can’t believe I am showing you this…) Junk Drawer!! Yes – I have made the mistake of having a junk drawer in my creative space – so it’s time to clean it up.
We all procrastinate and this is why this drawer got so bad – I had all of the excuses: 1. Not enough time; 2. it’s not important; 3. it’ll just get messy again…. You know the drill!
How did I motivate myself to get this back in order? Easy – just set the timer. I gave myself 30 minutes to get this done. Here are my rules:
- Make a cuppa to enjoy while you are cleaning. This is optional.
- Dump everything out of the drawer.
- Clean the drawer so that it is nice and welcoming for the items you want to place back in there!
- Need an organizer tray like mine? Bought this at Home Depot – it can be trimmed to fit.
- Look at what you’ve dumped out and discard or recycle any trash. Time to be relentless here; I had bits of embroidery floss, paper and fabric scraps in my drawer that just needed to go!
- Organize and prune – I placed like items together and put them back in the drawer if that’s where they should go and elsewhere if they should be moved.
- Put everything back and smile! If you are like me, you can’t help but open that drawer every few minutes to admire the progress. Now onto my other drawers!
- I have set an alarm on my computer to remind myself to tackle a drawer a week ….
I am only tackling the right side of the drawer – I have other plans for the left side (to be discussed in a subsequent post)! Here’s what I found in the drawer:
Junk drawer madness – mainly due to not taking the time to put things away (sensing a theme here) – so when the timer went off:
Would you like to hop along with us? Here is the schedule so that you can get hopping:
Go to Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio to enter for the Grand Prize!
How about a giveaway? Comment below and you will be entered to win a mystery pattern!
** Update 8/9/2018 – We have picked a winner for the giveaway – thanks for commenting! **
Thanks for hopping and see you next week for Dealing with Scraps and Fabric!