Before the rush to give Mom a gift card, a plant, a meal out (OK – go ahead and give her that!)- why not dig into your scrap bin to make her a special treat from the heart?
Let’s look at some easy projects that you can finish in a jif!!
- Candle Mat – Make Mom a Fold’n Stitch Bloom! It’s an extra special gift she can use on the dining table, outside on her picnic table, anywhere! The 14″ diameter bloom holds a votive or a 4″ LED candle in style! The bloom can be made with leftover fusible fleece from your bag projects or pre-cut craftex shapes from Bosal. The bloom looks great with scraps. Don’t forget to include an LED Candle with batteries!
- Hello Spring Banner – this banner is so much fun to make – a simply pieced top and bottom border, and sporty spring fusible applique! All you will need is an afternoon to complete! Our laser cut kits are so much fun to put together – ask for them at your local quilt shop!
- Does Mom need a beautiful wreath for her door? We’ve got you covered with the Fold’n Stitch Wreath! Now, it can be made even faster with pre-cut squares from Bosal!
- For a traveler? The Going Places Hobo may be just the ticket! The Going Places Hobo is made from a set of precut foam placemats- ingenious! Get the perfect fabric and you can get your gift wrapped up in a day!
- The Tea Leaf Pillow is a great find for the Nana who has everything! This is made with 2 1/2″ squares (read scraps) and a solid background. It is reminiscent of the cathedral window quilt pattern – she will love it! The pattern used is called the Tea Leaf Bedroom Suite – lots of fun!
Don’t forget to visit the Free Patterns section of our website – we have loads of little extras for gifts also!
Now that the planning for Mother’s Day is complete, it’s time to get more sewing done!!