Hey! 2017 is here and if you are like me, you have all sorts of plans! There are quilts to get done, patterns to write, UFOs to finish, hand stitching classes to take and on and on.
WAIT A MINUTE – did you know that by today, January 8th, 92% of resolutions are in the scrap bin? (Don’t get me wrong, I like scraps!).
What if you started with a strategy, then decided on a goal? If you knew that you can achieve your goals if you started with small and specific ideas, would that change your outcome?
Here’s what prevents us from achieving our goals:
- We overestimate our ability to make good decisions under pressure;
- Our resolve weakens when emotion takes over;
- It’s easier to be virtuous when thinking about the future…just not right now.
So you can see, if you have set small and specific goals:
- You can rely on yourself to be able to meet the goals, even under pressure (because they are itty bitty);
- There is no emotion to weaken the resolve (ha! take that emotions – I can do this!); and
- You will feel so virtuous having tackled that goal! Yeah me!!
We put together a little infographic to describe our one little goal and we hope you will jump on board:
Just think – after 365 days, you will have worked on your projects for 91 hours and 15 minutes. WOW! That’s a revolution in thinking! And at least a few projects done, don’t ya think?
What are your resolutions? Share them with us on Facebook – we would just love to know! And don’t forget to share what you did with your 15 minutes!